Bob, I wanted to express Home Hardware’s appreciation for the great entertainment you put on for our Dealer Conference. You were hilarious and provided laughs for an audience composed of both adults and a few kids. I heard many, many comments from others that enjoyed your show as much as I did. Thank you. Terry Davis
10 Reasons You Should Hire Bob Cates
1. Experience. Bob has been a FULL time professional for over 25 years. That means reliability and a proven track record. Sometimes performers are part time hobbyists, or are just starting out. Don’t be “that guy” who hired the performer who needed a group to practice on!
2. Since Bob is a clean comedian, you won’t be embarrassed by foul language or inappropriate humour. You will be able to hold your head high when the boss comes over to you after the show to pat you on the back.
3. The killer mix of comedy and amazing tricks. Think of a cross between Seinfeld and Cirque du Soleil. That means that the show can please a wide range of audiences. It’s not “just” comedy and it’s not “just” spectacle. This gives the show an advantage over stand up comedians.
4. All ages love the show. The 29 year old is just as fascinated as a 69 year old who remembers the “good old days” of the Ed Sullivan Show. This also includes family audiences with children in them. Bob and Jane have successfully performed for Disney Cruise lines which has very high standards for family entertainers.
5. As an event planner or talent agent, you will never have to worry about the client (or audience) not being happy. They almost always get a standing ovation.
6. A comic variety act can “kill” in ways that music can’t. Yes music is great, but it’s not as engaging as comedy, and with many different preferences it can be hard to please everyone in your group.
7. They make your job easier. Bob and Jane are very easy going personalites so you don’t have to worry about a “diva.” In addition, they are very organized and detail oriented, so you don’t have to worry about details slipping through the cracks.
8. You want to try something different that will surprise and excite your audience as a group. You don’t want to have the same old dance that only 25 people stick around for.
9. Because you know that you get what you pay for, and really can’t risk the cheaper guy’s show being cheaper for a reason.
10. You have a place in your heart for bald guys.